Benefits of breastfeeding and breast milk
The benefits of breastfeeding for you and your child
In addition to the nutritional function, breastfeeding has another very important task. The close physical contact that mother and child have here strengthens the development of an emotional connection. With this process, a basic building block for human bonding and normal psycho-social development is laid.
Benefits for your baby
- Your breast milk is high in fat and water, which supports your baby's energy and water balance.
- The protein content in your breast milk promotes growth and is easier to digest than, for example, cow's milk.
- Your breast milk passes on antibodies from previous diseases, such as measles or chickenpox, as well as from current infections.
This protects your baby well against infections.
- The components of your breast milk are also very important for the development of your baby:
• Omega-3 fatty acids are important for brain development
• Fatty acids promote the intestinal flora and build up protection against infection
• Lactoferrin improves the absorption of iron from breast milk
• Multiple sugars promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut
- The development of the palate and jaw can be positively influenced.
- The head and neck muscles are strengthened by breastfeeding.
Benefits for you as a mother
The emotional bond with the child is arguably the main benefit of breastfeeding. But don't worry - even if you can't breastfeed, you can still encourage this bond with lots of physical contact!
But there are also other advantages that arise for you as a mother:
- You can breastfeed your baby for free, almost anywhere, anytime
- There is no need to prepare bottle feeding, which means that your sleep is less disturbed.
- Breastfeeding uses extra energy, which means you can lose weight faster after giving birth.
- By sucking on the breast, more prolactin is released in your body, which makes you more relaxed.
- The hormone oxytocin reduces the release of stress hormones in you and your baby and serves as a bonding hormone.
- Breastfeeding reduces your risk of breast and ovarian cancer, as well as osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding also reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, obesity and lowers your risk of endometriosis.
So you and your baby have a lot of benefits from breastfeeding! We wish you a wonderful time together and if you have any questions, you can always send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a private message to our Instagram account "havsund"!
Our Lactaval for your breastfeeding phase.
Our HÅVSUND promise:
✔️ highest quality
✔️ vegan products
✔️ no animal testing
✔️ developed and manufactured in Germany
✔️ Fast, Discreet and Confidential Customer Service